Every bride has a dream to look confident, elegant, beautiful, and even timeless on her wedding day. She wants to have the best bridal hair and makeup done by a professional hair and makeup artist. So if you’re a bride that wants to achieve the look of her dreams, here are a few key factors that you should consider in order to make this happen.
- The first key is to find the best wedding dress or lengha that suits you! This can help you decide what kind of makeup and hairstyle you are wanting. Maybe your dress is simple and soft, so you want your wedding makeup to be a natural soft glam look with a simple updo to match. Or maybe your wedding dress is heavily embroidered with lots of detail, so you want more of a dramatic look to pull it all together. Either way, your dress is the one that can help you decide, so make sure you say yes to the dress of your choice!
- Another key to getting the best out of your wedding makeup and hair is how your wedding décor is going to be. I know that may sound odd at first, but many brides do consider this factor. Let’s say you are having a beautiful beach-side wedding with exotic flowers, pastel colors mixed in, and a beautiful altar or mandap. Most brides would probably do a soft makeup look with beachy waves for their hairstyle of choice. I have also seen the opposite. I have seen Indian brides with similar décor, but an extravagant dress and makeup and hair look to match, which also works! Ultimately, it’s your big day, so no matter what décor you choose, you will not go wrong in the overall makeup and hairstyle look you want.
- Still unsure of what look you want for your wedding day? This is when your professional makeup and hair artist can help. You both can collaborate on different styles and figure out which one will work the best! Voice any concerns you have and they will give you their professional advice. Having a bridal trial is key for all of this. It’s where you can be as detailed as 7you want and let your hair and makeup artist know what’s on your mind. Don’t forget, communication is key, so telling your makeup and hair artist exactly what you like and what you don’t like will help in the overall decision.
It Starts With You!
Getting the most out of your bridal hair and makeup can also be how you are taking care of yourself. Are you sleeping enough, eating properly, and even exercising? We all know that wedding planning can be overwhelming, so making sure you are taking care of yourself can translate to beautiful skin and hair, which will be ready for your big day. Here are some tips to consider:
- Start by getting yourself pampered. The key to gorgeous bridal beauty is all in the preparation. If you want your skin to glow, you need to get started on that a few months before. Start having regular facials and beauty treatments in the run up to the wedding, so that you can see the results shine through.
- Make sure you’re drinking enough water to hydrate your skin. Drink about a gallon of water a day. It may seem difficult to do at first, so start with half a gallon and then gradually increase your water intake.
- Get enough sleep. Nothing is more important than a good night’s sleep. Each person is different. Some people need eight hours and others may need only six hours of sleep. No matter how many hours you need, just make sure you are getting them. You will feel more energized and refreshed. Creating this habit before hand will help when your wedding day gets closer.
- Have a good diet. I’m not talking about fad diets. I am talking about taking in necessary nutrients such as vitamins, green leafy vegetables, juicy fruits, supplements, etc. A good diet is necessary not only for the functioning of our body, but also to help keep us energized.
- Get some exercise. If you aren’t already, start trying to get a bit more active in your day-to-day life. Whether that’s joining a gym or going for a walk during your lunch break, make a point of getting some form of exercise. Even if you aren’t looking to lose weight, this will help your mental state! Wedding planning can be stressful, so this can really help keep your mind clear and it is also very therapeutic.
On Your Big Day
The big day is here! We know just how exciting that can be when all the stress of planning can be forgotten. You can simply focus on enjoying yourself and your special day. However, just before you take that walk down the aisle, you have some final preparations to do to make sure you look and feel your absolute best.
- Wake up early enough to shower. The last thing you want to do is oversleep and miss the opportunity to shower. You want to be clean and refreshed, so wake up early enough to shower. Use your most pampering products to get yourself relaxed and refreshed at the same time.
- Undereye patches! These are so important to have. We all know that unexpected things can happen, so even if you don’t get enough sleep the night before, you have your undereye patches to the rescue. If you didn’t have time to get some before hand, then take a couple of metal spoons and stick them in the freezer. This is a great alternative to help with undereye bags. Just place the back of the spoon under each eye and leave on for at least 10 minutes.
- Turn up to makeup and hair time 10 -15 minutes early. You want to be stress free, so being punctual can help alleviate any stress. You can be more relaxed as you are getting glammed up. TIP: Make sure you wear a button down shirt to get your makeup and hair done, so that you can peel it off without pulling anything over your head. This will prevent your makeup from smudging or dislodging your hair.
- Don’t forget to SMILE! It’s the happiest day of your life. Smiling can bring a radiance and glow to your face all on its own. It’s far more beautiful than any makeup product. Remember that beauty is all about enhancing what you have, so let yourself shine through!